Our client is the leader in passenger rail transportation in Canada. The company operates intercity, regional and transcontinental trains linking over 400 communities across Canada, and about 180 more communities through intermodal partnerships, and safely transports approximately 4.4 million passengers annually.
As part of a transformation of the Human Resources function, our client is seeking for an experienced Human Resources Business Partner to support the rollout of HR initiatives while coaching the managers on policies and practices. Reporting to the Senior Human Resources Business Partners, you will perform all HR related activities either within VIA Rail’s Mechanical and Maintenance Group.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in HRM or industrial relations;
- Over 5-8 years of experience as an HR generalist in a unionized industrial setting.
- Ability to analyze business issues and recommend effective solutions.
- Good understanding of change management;
- Ability to influence management teams and union representatives;
- Excellent skills in French and English communication, both oral and written;
- High degree of professionalism and autonomy;
- The position requires travel 40% of the time.