CSO- 3PL DISTRIBUTION ACTIVITIES-TRANSPORT MANAGER
SUPÉRIEUR IMMÉDIAT :
Lieu : Montréal, QC
L'ENTREPRISEOur Client is a leader in the consumer goods industry.
SOMMAIRE DU POSTECSO-Distribution-Transport Manager :
- manages team of six direct reports covering two areas of the business: Customer Service & Operations, 3PL activities & Transport
- responsible for managing the warehousing and distribution of materials goods and products (including importing) to ensure that they are delivered to the right location on time, at the quality required and in the most costeffective way. Responsible for managing the Third-Party Logistics Partner on behalf of the company, leading the tendering and negotiating of company’s warehousing and distribution contracts to secure best cost alternatives.
- leads supply chain network optimization and cost reduction projects analyzing and implementing strategic/tactical supply chain opportunities that drive towards cost reduction. This includes cost savings initiatives.
EXPÉRIENCE ET QUALIFICATIONS REQUISES
- Supervises Direct reports: 6 peoples.
- Contributing to the creation and implementation of best practice logistics vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to improve operational performance continuously.
- Plan, manage and evaluate logistics operations liaising with internal stakeholders, suppliers, logistics providers, transportation companies and customers.
- Monitor quality, quantity, on time delivery performance and transportation costs.
- Provide tactical decisions on product disposition (refused, damaged, misships).
- Utilizing available industry tools as well as applying results from previous studies to determine and implement least total cost, most effective supply chain network design considering organic and new membership growth.
- Develop qualitative and financial business cases to compare alternatives and to support recommendations.
- Work collaboratively with functional areas, customers and 3PL’s to verify key project assumptions and accuracy of results, both modeling and postimplementation measurements also to secure documentation for internal / external audits.
- Responsible for managing and optimizing operational activity of the 3PL warehouse site(s): Storage, Handling, Inventory control & alignment, Transportation inbound & outbound.
- Negotiate rates and contracts with transportation and logistics providers.
- Recommend optimal transport modes, routes or frequency for domestic, and international business (imports).
- Ensure integrity of inventory records, identify and resolve any inventory discrepancies and ensure inventory and system records agree.
- Ensure metrics, reports, and process documentation is available.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all connected with the logistics process.
- Represent logistics in new product development and design projects, participate in the co-packer evaluation and selection process.
- Support team of 3 CSO Representatives’ who are asked with the accurate and timely creation (and successfully delivery).
- Serve as escalation resource for all aspects of order processing, beginning with receipt of customer PO, creation of the Sales Order in SAP, outbound delivery from 2 Distribution Centers, concluding with the receipt by customers at their warehouse.
- Meet monthly / yearly accounting deadlines to ensure timely and accurate billing cycle in SAP for Invoices, Credit / Debit Memos, Return Orders.
- Drive resolution on Quality issues with customers, plants and local authorities and provide documentation to conduct recall plan to internal and/or external resources including products batch codes, BBD, Distribution record and Inventory.
- Advanced degree preferred Supply Chain.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Logistics, Operations Research or Supply Chain Network Optimization in a CPG environment or in Business or Logistics Consulting.
- Project management certification is preferred.
- APICS or any Logistics certification is preferred.
- SAP Super User with vast experience in MM, SC, and SD modules with a proven track record in SAP IDOC’s and inventory reconciliation.
- Working knowledge of EDI systems and flows.
- Expert in transportation and warehouse costing and simulation.
- Strong knowledge 3PL, inventory, transportation, and order processing.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, fostering teamwork and customer oriented.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Strong experience using Excel, databases and data mining tools (BW or similar).
- Strong data visualization and presentation skills.
- Proven time management and multiple task management capabilities.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to develop actionable plans.
- Ability to identify and execute areas of process improvement.
- English and French required.